HomeRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

Having a good few days :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morrise

PostSubject: Having a good few days :)   Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi,

I've been headache free for 5 days now and have been feeling very well. I even went for diner last night with my husband and met friends for lunch today. Its been awhile since I've done that. I'm in such good form I miss feeling like this. I don't know how long it will last but I am making the most of it. Very Happy

I wanted to share this because its given me hope that days like these will come again. fingers crossed

Hope everyone is well hug
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to top Go down
DMajorly

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 am

Good to hear that you are doing well! Have you been doing anything different that you think is helping? I'm new to this and I've yet to find relief ;(( I feel like I'm just in survival mode. Not enjoying anything like I used to. I have read some of your other posts.... I know you needed some relief! I'm so glad for you that you had a good few days!!!! Good luck! Hope there's more to come!
Back to top Go down
morrise

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 am

Thanks
I've had 6 Lp's since November but I've never been headache free. In June I started a food diary to see if certain foods were triggering my headaches. Dairy was my biggest trigger so I've cut this out completely. I've also started eating really well. Lots of fruits and veg and I cook everything from scratch no more processed foods. I was on 1500mg of diamox my doc doesn't think they are working for me so I am getting Lp's every 6 weeks now. I am down to 500 mg now and I will be off them by the end of September so I would say being on less of the medication could explain my good mood Smile
Back to top Go down
DMajorly

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Yes less meds are always better! Lps are not fun I'm sorry hun ;( ill give that food diary a shot! Keep up the good work! Sounds like you are on a good regime!
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:23 pm

woohoo So glad to hear you've found some relief!!! You're a true inspiration..
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:32 pm

cheer cheer cheer
Thumbs up

Excellent! I am so happy for you and I agree you're an inspiration!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Keep up the good work!! Thumbs up

That food diary, along with a symptom/headache diary is a must for everyone! We can all learn from Morrise's great news :roll:
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:01 am

This is an amazing update! Very Happy Thank you SO MUCH for sharing it. It gives others with IIH lots of hope that good days do happen! *hugs* So happy for you, sweetie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:19 am

It's encouraging to know someone is having a good day or two. I'm so happy for you! I look forward to posting about good days....some day.

Very Happy cheer
Back to top Go down
VDubs

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

hugs

Dyslexic & Special
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
morrise

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:46 am

Hi everyone just an update -
I've been doing really well the last month. I've only had 6 bad headache days which has been great. I finally feel like I'm getting back to my oldself Smile, I've also stopped taking Topamax just over 3 weeks now as I didn't feel I needed to take them anymore so I'm very happy with that. I'm due for my 6 week Lp on Wednesday I don't feel I need one but I am curious to see what my pressure reading will be. All going well if its lower I'm going to ask can I leave the Lp's for longer than 6 weeks so fingers crossed it will be lower : fingers crossed . Also I'm only on 500mg of diamox a day now, down from 1500mg in June. So I barely get any side effects from now at all. I'm just in such great form and happy at the moment Smile :)xxxx

Thanks everyone for all your support xxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:53 pm

More great news..definitely keeping my finger's crossed for you! I'd actually see if they'd let you postpone this LP, since you're doing so well. I know you're curious about opening pressure, but no sense putting your body through unnecessary trauma or discomfort..enjoy the painfree days as long as possible!!!
Back to top Go down
taragazzuolo

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 pm

fingers crossed

I am so happy that you are having these good days! Lets hope they turn into weeks and months.

Tara
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks for this amazing update .. I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well. Maybe you can postpone this next LP if you're feeling so much better? *big hugs* I hope it keeps getting better for you, hun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
morrise

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:35 am

Hi everyone,
Just an update haven't posted in awhile. I'm still doing really well since August I've only had a handful of bad headache days but nothing like I used to be. I've gone down from 1500mg of diamox a day up to June to just 250mg a day now. 5 months ago I would never of thought I'd be feeling like this. I'm just so happy. I do believe that I'm headed for remission again Smile. I have an LP in two weeks time and see my neuro so all going well I will be coming off the diamox. For me I think starting the food diary was the best thing I have done and changing my food to a more healthy diet has helped me plus I've also lost 8 pounds since then. I was a healthy weight to begin with but now I'm just more confident and happy within in myself.
Thank you to everyone for your support and well wishes I don't know what I would do without this forum.
Hope everyone is well as they can be I wish for pain free days for you all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:59 pm

Thank you for your update. That is FANTASTIC! I am so happy for you hug and I do hope you're going into remission. This post and you is so encouraging for other members, and I'm sure they will find inspiration and hope from it. Please keep coming back to us because we love to know how you're doing.

Heidi for you
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:38 pm

That is AMAZING!!! And, thanks for keeping us informed..it's nice to see some successes among all the questions and concerns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]here's my online version of a happydance..LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having a good few days :)   

Back to top Go down

Having a good few days :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top