HomeRegisterLog inFollow us on facebookFollow us on twitterFollow us on youtubeFollow us on LinkedinFollow us on PintrestContact usFeedback

Share  | 

I think sleeping is one of my triggers....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChicasMomma

PostSubject: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 am

So when I wake up in the am I feel like I was hit by a train, it is the worst part of my life. I hate the fact that I have to sleep because I know what I will feel like when I wake.

And this happens when I take a nap too, I try and take a nap to see if it will help me feel better but I don't I usually feel the same but usually worse.

I have tried sleeping :sleep: : at a bunch of different angles, even going to sleep fully sitting up! I sleep in my bed, I've tried sleeping on my couch, in my recliner and even in my daughters bed. Nothing ever helps!!! :/

Has or does anyone feel the same way? Or does anybody have suggestions?

So I have come to believe that sleeping is one of my triggers :(

Thx~Nichole
:flower:
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Admin1
Admin1

PostSubject: Re: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 pm

I do actually know what you mean. There are times when I am affected by the weather and my head feels extremely tight and heavy, and my eyes hurt, which then makes me end up falling asleep. Once I wake up I feel like I've slept very deeply as it does take a little while to come around. It only seems to happen then, but it used to happen with my monthlys till I had the endometrial ablation which stopped them.

It seems that we are more sensitive to these type of migraines, probably because of our icp, and causes it to fluctuate, which I think is why we sleep so heavily. Sleep is our bodys way of repairing itself and resting they say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ihaveiih.com
ChicasMomma

PostSubject: Re: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:00 pm

I am in so much pain in the am. I have a huge headache and my whole body hurts :( it takes me atleast 3 hours at the least to be able to function somewhat :( its horrible
Back to top Go down
BananasMom
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Re: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Sometimes I have this problem ... like today I did for example! ... and it seems to me like it's worse when I sleep laying flat. If I elevate my upper body I don't seem to have as bad of a morning with my head. That's just my experience though.
Not sure if neck and shoulder pain is one of your issues, but sometimes another thing that helps me is sleeping with moist heat on my neck/shoulder areas.
*hugs* I hope you can find a solution sweetie.
Back to top Go down
medmisfit
Admin2
Admin2

PostSubject: Re: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Definitely a problem for me..I hate mornings! I've had both high and low pressure headaches, so it varies. When my pressure is high, I find I absolutely can't find a comfortable position. If I can lay on my side at a 45-60% angle, it tends to take the edge off. I cannot lay on my back or even lean back my head without getting an intense spasm of pain when I get up. When my pressure is low, it's just the whole getting up thing. I only get relief when I'm laying down and the longer I lay down the worse then pain is when I get up. I also have developed a Chiari Malformation over the years, so I'm not sure how much it plays into my symptoms.
I'm not sure that helps, but you're definitely not alone!
Back to top Go down
Wylee

PostSubject: Re: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:11 am

I sleep on a wedge. In fact, I have two so it covers my bed. I can actually end up waking myself up if I slide off them. My head and upper body are at a good angle with the wedges and pillows. It was a trial and error sort of thing. Had to keep trying different angles to find what would work.
Back to top Go down
ChicasMomma

PostSubject: Re: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Thx everyone for your responses, took me awhile to get back on here cause I have had a few bad days.

Anywho, I have tried sleeping at all different angles but nothin seems to do the trick. I currently sleep on my side and at an gle as well. I mean even sittin up while sleeping didn't work,. I'm just at a loss of what to do, my Nerologist is the first person that suggested I slep at an angle. So I'm just wonderin if there maybe something my ody doesn't like when I sleep lol gonna talk to my new Nerologist about and see if he has any ideas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think sleeping is one of my triggers....   

Back to top Go down

I think sleeping is one of my triggers....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top